Saturday, July 16, 2011

How would I use blogs, wikis and delicious with my EFL students.


In the future, I am going to be an English teacher Insha'Allah. So, I think I will use the Internet to make the learning easy and enjoyable for my students especially when we are going to use the social networks like, blogs, wikis and delicious.

First I can ask from my students to create an account on the blog. Second, they can use it if they want to write about their reflection about something or if I ask them to submit their writing assignment. Also, they can use it to write some exercises for each of the skills .

Also, they can use delicious by creating an account then to bookmark the favorite websites or the websites that help them and make it easy to them to learn English. Also, I think I am going to bookmark some articles that the students should read to help them in learning.

I can use wiki in teaching my students the writing skill. For instant, I can upload an exercise and they can use their wiki to answer or they can answer as a comments. Also, I can create reading comprehension exercises, some involving a short answer that they had to write online. I would then correct it and give feedback about their mistakes in the wiki, as well as the final score. Or use it for vocabulary and grammar exercises with the correct answers and feedback whenever they made a wrong choice to help them think again and correct themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment